Decker Background

Thursday, October 27, 2011

DIY - 2 Variations of Giant Jenga

Good morning!

I really love this idea (can't you tell?).  My husband and I are planning on making this for our little guy.  But we have been debating using 2x4 or 2x3 studs.  I think that the 2x3 size will be better and not as heavy - although he thinks that the set will be larger using the 2x4 size (he's right, of course).   Apparently, it just comes down to personal preference!

As usual, once I decide to do something, I need to be sure to have the right instructions. (You know - kinda like measure twice - cut once....LOL) So with that being said, I found 2 more set of instructions - they both use 2x3 studs.

The links are below - one is plain wood and the other (which, in my opinion, looks awesome) is a multi-colored set and uses a Wii game concept.  We don't have the game but, I think I may have to see what I can find out about it.  It would definitely be fun to have a variation for the game!!

So, if I've peeked your interest and you are dying to make a set for yourself then follow the links below and get to cuttin' and sandin'!!! 

Jenga Maximum:

Jenga Maximum

Colored Mega Jenga Backyard/Jenga Based on Boom Blox

Coloured Mega Jenga (Backyard Jenga) based on Boom Blox

FYI - I've priced these sets on several sites and they range in price anywhere from $69.99 and up.  So if working with wood isn't your thing and you'd really like to have a set, then it could be a bit pricey to add this game to your collection!

Have a great Thursday.  See ya soon!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. We got our set with free shipping from www.TumblingTowers.com The set was over 4+ft during play and it really made our bbq pool party so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta hand it to tumblintowers they are obnoxious and efficient about posting their website on every single online discussion of making your own giant jenga. But do blog owners delete their spam? Nope.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...