Decker Background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Turkey Cupcakes, Anyone?

This picture just makes me smile.  Nursery School was so much fun - possibly just as much fun for me as it was for Cristian!  Again, I'm thinking the idea came from Family Fun Magazine. 

As I mentioned before, it's a good magazine if you have kids.  I started getting it when Cristian was a toddler and he's now 8 years old and I still get it.  It has recipes, crafts, good information for places to take a family vacation and a whole lot more.

These cupcakes were pretty easy to make if my memory serves me correctly.  The heads are Nutter Butter Cookies, and the tail feathers are Fruit Roll Ups, and the face was an after thought.  I think the original called for decorator gel or icing to finish the face, but I liked the M&M's for the eyes.

I really miss those days of homemade snacks.  Our school district doesn't allow anything homemade - everything has to be store bought.  Such a shame.  My generation grew up with homemade party food at school and we turned out OK.  Hey, I understand it's a different world we live in today but.....OK, don't even get me started on that topic!

Anyway, putting this post together got me motivated to bake so I'm off to make cookies with Cristian!  Chat with you soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...