Decker Background

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Candy Bouquets

Good Morning All!  Did you get a chance to check out the Bald Eagles and their babies?  If not, yesterdays' post has the links you need to see them.  The babies are soooooo cute and fuzzy!!!

Today I want to show you the Candy Bouquets I made for Cristian's tee ball coaches a couple of years ago. 

I used fun size candy bars and carefully hot glued them onto skewers.  Then I took red cellophane and cut it into squares and made a very small cut in the center.  The skewer was inserted there and the cellophane got twisted to resemble the flower petals.  At the bottom of the cellophane, I then wrapped floral tape to keep it in place and to give it the resemblance of a stem.  The 'vases' are empty and clean coffee cans with a laminated cover that I designed in PSE.  Inside the can is a piece of floral styrofoam that was hot glued to the bottom of the can.  The skewers were inserted into the foam at different levels (short in the front gradually getting taller in the back) to give the candy flowers dimension just like a floral arrangement. The tag, as you can see, is a laminated baseball tied at the base of one of the candy 'flowers'.  And the finishing touch was a wide ribbon around the vase and tied in a bow - I believe I hot glued it to the can so it would stay in place.

It was the first time I had ever made these and I was pretty happy with how they turned out and his coaches seemed to like them as well!!  I think these could also be cute teacher appreciation gifts, especially if they like chocolate (who doesn't like chocolate, right? LOL).

Well, that's it for today.  I've been making more washer pendants and a few other things.  As soon as I get a chance to take a few pictures I'll post them.  I made a set as a birthday gift and as soon as I know the recipient got it I will show you that, too. (Don't want to ruin the surprise!)

Have a fantastic day! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...