Decker Background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Paper Beads - My First Attempt

Hi everyone!

A few posts ago I shared with you a website about paper beads.  I've finally made a few of my own.  These beads are sooo easy to make!  I got the bead roller tool from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.  I used wrapping paper cut into long strips - 1" wide x 30" long!  One 1" strip makes a total of 3 beads - 1 wide and 2 small.  The longer the strip the thicker the bead! After rolling them I brushed on a coat of glossy Mod Podge and let them dry overnight.  Then coated them with Acrylic Sealer to protect them from moisture.  

Here's a few pics to see:




The great thing about these beads is that there are so many mediums that you can use and colors are limitless.  I'm just getting started making my beads, but I have a bracelet in mind for when I have enough beads done.  I'll be posting it - so stay tuned!


Have a fantastic day - see ya soon!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...