Decker Background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Our New Laundry Room

NOTE:  this project is still ongoing - but this post shows the basics of what we did. I was just lazy about uploading the pictures - sad but true.  Also, I want to give a big thank you to my wonderful hubby for taking his 2 week vacation to get this done for me.  I love you honey!!!!!!


Hey, everyone. It's finally done! (Well, almost!) Yippee Skippy!! Hip Hip Hurray!!!  Can you tell I'm doing jigs?  I am so happy - funny though, I never thought I'd be excited to do laundry.....but being inside instead of in the garage is awesome!!!!!!!

Here are pics of the process of changing the room from a playroom to our new and improved laundry/pantry:

June 2006 - looking to deck

June 2006 - toward the front of the house


Isn't Cristian cute?  He was almost 4 years old here. I can't believe he'll be 9 in September! The room changed a few times over the last 5 years but you get the idea.  Now on to the transformation!
The carpet removed and taking out all the staples from the carpet padding!

New paint color - Valspar Natural in Satin finish! My awesome hubby!


Room prepped and sealed for new flooring.


Beginning of new flooring being installed.

New Utility Sink and Sink Base

Sink and Base Installed

Washing Machine Installed

The Whole Thing Done (almost)

Well, it's mostly done.  We still have a few things to do.  Like finish the base of the sink and replace some storage cabinets with new white cabinets on the other side. I'd also like either shelving or cabinets above the sink and washer and dryer.  But, all in all, I am tickled to death about the new room! We put our upright freezer and our extra refrigerator in this room also.  Awesome!

That's it for now.  Have a great day.  See ya soon!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...