Decker Background

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Towel Cake

Hello there!

Well, the 1st day of school has arrived.  Melancholy is the best way to describe how I'm feeling today.  The summer always goes soooooo fast. But, we are looking forward to a terrific school year!

So - I've been wanting to show this project to you for some time now.  I just kept forgetting to upload the pics!  

Anyway, my hubby's cousin got married a couple of years ago and I wanted to make a towel cake as a bridal shower gift.  I knew we wouldn't be able to attend because of distance, but I was anxious to try my hand at this unique gift idea for the soon to be Mr. and Mrs!

I had seen a picture somewhere in the past and knew that eventually someone would get married so I could do this.  It was fairly simple.  Hard to tell that it is 2 complete bath towel sets, isn't it?  The bottom is the bath towels, the middle is the hand towels, and the top is the wash cloths. There are many tutorials out there and I honestly don't recall where I actually saw this but I'm sure finding a tutorial would be fairly easy.  I made this in an afternoon.  

The wedding party colors were pink and black so I wanted to stick with those colors. Added some beads, ribbons, and flowers - but basically it's up to your vision as to how you decorate it.  The towels are rolled and pinned with hat pins to keep them in place and then set on a dowel to keep them aligned and steady on the "platter".  As a finishing touch I decided to wrap the entire thing in tulle with curling ribbon since it was being shipped and I wanted to insure that it got there in one piece (and it did!!!).



Have you ever made a towel cake?  If so, I'd love to see them!

Have a great Thursday!  See ya soon.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...