Decker Background

Friday, March 11, 2011

FREE Block Posters Created By You

Hey, ya'll.  Here's something interesting to check out!

As I was searching for something online the other day I came across this site: Block Posters - Create large wall posters from any image for free!  So, of course, I had to take the time to play with it!

It is quite simple really.  Upload your picture from your computer.  Choose how many pieces across you want it to be and the program automatically slices it and gives you a PDF file to print or save for later.

I immediately knew what I was going to use to try this out.  I have all of Cristian's Art By Me magnets that he draws in art class at school.  Always wished I had something bigger to frame and hang.  So, I scanned the current years refrigerator magnet (isn't it cute? it's supposed to be a self portrait) and saved it in jpeg format. 



Then I went to Block Posters and uploaded it.  I decided that 2 across would be big enough.  It gave me a PDF file to print or save.  I now have 4 larger pieces of his artwork to frame and hang in my hallway.  I can't wait to show you how it turns out!  So, I'll take a picture and post it once I have them framed and hung up.  I'm thinking I'll probably do this every year, now!

Well, that's all for now.  Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...