Decker Background

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SuperMoon and Dragonfly Brick Paver

Happy Spring!! 

Did you all see the "SuperMoon" on Saturday?  It was absolutely beautiful!  I had never heard of it before but, apparently it's the name for a rare phenomenon that occurs when a full moon is at its closest point to the earth.  NASA says that a Supermoon is 14% larger and 30% brighter than usual.  Supposedly, the last time we had one was almost 20 years ago.  I can honestly say I don't recall hearing about it then.  Do you?  Sadly, if you missed it on Saturday, the next Supermoon won't happen again until 2029! 

Anyway, I'm thinking of outdoor spring chores since our weather is getting nice.  All my flower beds need cleaned out and tended to after the winter months.  It's almost time to get the deck ready.   The front porch furniture needs to be scrubbed and set up.  And the list goes on and on and on.....

I guess thinking about the flower beds reminded me of this project. So today I thought I'd take a minute to show you the Dragonfly I made a couple of years ago for my Grandma.  I originally thought she would put it in her flower bed but she ended up keeping it in the house as a door stop.





This picture just makes me think of spring!  Well, enjoy your day.  Talk to you soon. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...