Decker Background

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My First Washer Necklace

This is my first attempt at a washer necklace.  Who could imagine that a washer from Lowe's Home Improvement could become jewelry?


I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out.  I spent a lot of time researching how to do this.  I found that there were many websites and blogs with an abundant amount of information to get you started.  YouTube even had some cool instructional videos to give you ideas. 

The supplies for this project came from several places - Walmart, Lowe's, Sun and Moon Craft Kits, mainly.  It was the first time I used glaze and am totally amazed at how easy it was to work with. 

This is just one way that a washer can become a pendant.  I've also started collecting the supplies to be able to do metal stamping and can't wait to give that a try.  I'll probably give glass tile and scrabble tile pendants a whirl while I'm at it - LOL!

I love the idea of being able to have some fun jewelry pieces that you make yourself.

Well, that's it for today.  Have a terrific Saturday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...